Convenient food is my favorite food and these egg muffins are the perfect breakfast/snack on the go. I’m weird and usually just eat them cold out of the fridge but they’re just as good warmed up in the microwave or oven. You can easily change up the ingredients to prevent getting bored of the same ol’ thang. My go to recipe is posted below but some of my other favorite fillings are broccoli, spinach, sun dried tomatoes, ground sausage and all different kinds of cheese.
1 dozen eggs from happy, pastured chickens
1 package (12-16 oz) bacon from happy, pastured pigs
2 cups cheese from happy, pastured cows…seeing a pattern?
1 handfull chopped basil
1 cup chopped green onions
salt, pepper, parsley, any other spices to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 350!
2. Cook the bacon, wait for it to cool and chop it up.
3. Combine the bacon, eggs, cheese, basil, onions and spices in a big bowl and mix er up.
4. Keeping the mixture…mixed, fill up the cups of a muffin tin, you’ll have enough for about 12 muffins.
5. Pop em in the oven for 25 minutes and keep an eye on them, when they just start to brown on top, they’re donezo.
El Fin. You don’t have to worry how long they stay good in the fridge because they won’t last that long.
Let me know what you think and any favorite combinations you come up with!